Chicken Flautas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeño peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 10-12 Mr Tortilla 2Net Carb Tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup of Cotija Cheese
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-carb mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp sugar-free ketchup
- 2 tsp horseradish 4 drops of tabasco
- To garnish: thinly sliced lettuce leaves
- Prepare the chicken filling: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add in the onion, jalapeño peppers, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Sauté for a few minutes until softened. Stir in the shredded chicken, salsa, and lime juice. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the flautas: Place about 2 tablespoons each of chicken filling and a sprinkling of cheese in the middle of each tortilla. Roll the tortillas up tightly and place them seam side down on a plate.
- Fry: Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 4 flautas in the pan, seam side down, and fry for about 1-2 minutes. Then, flip the flautas and fry for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Add the remaining vegetable oil to the pan as needed and repeat this process with the remaining flautas.
- Serve: Serve the flautas with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, guacamole, salsa, red onions, sprinkle Cotija Cheese and sour cream.