Low Carb Green Chilaquiles
For the Salsa Verde
- 3 jalapeños stems and seeds removed
- 10 Tomatillos
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Chilaquiles
- 1 Mr Tortilla Crunchy Chips 8 oz
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced white onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- Make the salsa verde by adding the tomatillos, jalapenos, and onion to a medium saucepan or pot. Fill the saucepan with enough water to cover the tops of the tomatillos.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatillos, jalapenos, and onion to a blender.
- Add cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Mr Tortilla crunchy chips and sauté until the tortillas are lightly fried.
- Add in the salsa verde and toss together to coat all the chips.
- Serve immediately and garnish with cotija cheese, cilantro, and Mexican crema.