Low Carb Huevos Rancheros
- Mr Tortilla 1 Net Carb Tortillas
- Fried Egg
Huevos Ranchero Sauce
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 white onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeño diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 white zucchini diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp beef bouillon
Chorizo “ Refried” Beans
- 1 oz chorizo (beef or pork will do)
- 1 15-oz can Eden Organic Black Soy Beans (1/2 cup = 1 net carb)
- Make your sauce. In a small pot add your veggies and sauté until fragrant. Add water, tomato paste, beef bouillon and stir. Adjust seasoning. Done when zucchini is soft.
- Make the "refried" beans. Drain and rinse the black soy beans. In a small pot brown the chorizo, add the beans and smash or blend with a hand blender. You can add seasonings if you want but I leave as is. If it's too thick add a little water to thin out to your liking.
- Fry the tortillas on both sides in oil until crispy and drain on a paper towel.
- Layering. Smear "refried" beans on your tostada, top with fried egg, sauce, cabbage, crema, cilantro, salsa, queso cotija, avocado and enjoy.